Monday, January 16, 2012

I have a lot in common with Kanye West

I just read the hunger games. I liked it and I didn't like it. If you haven't read it it's pretty much about Bella from Twilight except she lives in the future where she is forced into a battle to the death with 23 other adolescents, including not-a-werewolf-Jacob. Anyway, I liked it more than I didn't like it, and now I have to read the rest of the series. Please tell me it's a trilogy and I'm not going to have to wait three years for Suzanne Collins to write the fourth one like I did with the Harry Potter series. I didn't particularly like the Harry Potter books at the time that I read them, but after reading Twilight I was forced to reevaluate my standards for young adult literature and my revised opinion is that they are fucking great. I'm reading Kafka on the Shore now. Murakami. When I read Murakami I feel like I'm reading something written by the coolest motherfucker alive. Then I close the book and look at his picture in the back and marvel at the fact that the coolest motherfucker alive is an old ass Japanese man. One day I will write as well as Murukami, and I will publish a book and get a huge advance and pay off all my student loans and win a booker prize. I truly believe this because my whole childhood consisted of adults telling me I was exceptional. I'm not sure if I should carry on this tradition of delusion with my own kid because I haven't decided if its desirable to be a bigger megalomaniac than Kanye West.
|
Listed on BlogShares