Monday, June 20, 2011

On Breastfeeding

I breastfeed my baby. Still. She's almost one. Is that gross? NO THAT'S NOT GROSS. When I first had her I used to lurk on a lot of message boards (message boards are so weird. No matter the topic they all seem to adhere to like the same weird culture of message boards) and there were actually moms on these boards that would say shit like that breastfeeding is disgusting and or sexual. I totally get it when men think breastfeeding is terrible, men think all kinds of weird things, like that it's a good idea to force someone to have sex with them, or that people want to see pictures of their dicks. Not sure why a lady would think that breastfeeding is disgusting. Probably because someone was breastfeeding in a restaurant one time and her pervy husband couldn't look away. Update: the gross lecherous dude you married is the disgusting one. If you don't want to breastfeed because you think tits are for sex I hope you had a c section and didn't molest your baby by making it come out of your gross sex vagina that is for sex only. I also hope if you're one of those depraved people who uses your mouth during sexx0r that you're not using it for anything else later, like eating. Because why would you want a body part to have a myriad of uses when you could use it for one thing only? This one lady on the message board said her tits belonged to her husband. Yikes. That's the creepiest shit I've ever heard in my life. I'm kind of embarrassed I'm admitting that I used to be obsessed with pregnancy message boards. I don't know why I should be embarrassed about that, maybe I'll think about that and write about it later. The last time I read the message board was the first time I commented, because I could not keep my big mouth shut anymore when some stupid idiot was going on about how gross and yucky breastfeeding is and I had to ask her if she planned to explicitly teach her daughter to hate her own body or if she was hoping she would just learn that through observation. I knew I could never go back after that because I was probably banned for being such a bitch, BUT IT WAS A SERIOUS QUESTION!
|
Listed on BlogShares