Sunday, December 02, 2007

sleeping pills

i watched 28 weeks later. what the fuck. i never watched 28 days later because i had a strong psychic premonition that it was going to be stupid as hell but for some reason i decided to watch its sequel on the recommendation of the same person who told me i should watch bug and the host. why can't i even find a bad review of the host, too bad it was the stupidest movie i have ever seen in my life. god i guess i am like the battered woman that keeps going back. BUT I KNOW THE MOVIE WILL BE GOOD THIS TIME. THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT. within the first three minutes i knew i was going to fall asleep. not because i was tired but because my awesome brain protects itself from idiocy by making me fall asleep whenever i am confronted with something incredibly stupid. i asked my boyfriend if we were watching reign of fire. reign of fire is this dumb movie about dragons in the future that makes me fall asleep if i even look at the case. then he started talking about the use of setting to confer cinematic themes or some shit. uh i don't know when my boyfriend started turning smart but he better stop because i hate it. then the zombies came and there was a bunch of artistic camera work that practically gave me a seizure and then i woke up two hours later. i am so pissed at this movie for totally discrediting my theory that zombies in a movie automatically make it good. i haven't even seen a decent movie since rob zombie's halloween and that movie was only good until i thought about it and realized how stupid it was for michael meyers to have a backstory. isn't the whole thing that is scary about michael myers that he is psychotic for absolutely no reason? i don't want to think about michael myers being driven to psychosis by a bunch of abusive white trash shitheads THAT SHIT IS RATIONAL AND YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO RATIONALIZE PURE EVIL. if michael meyers is going to have a backstory it should at least involve indian burial grounds or ouija boards gone awry or something. jesus rob zombie, don't you know anything? will someone please reccomend me an actual good movie so i can restore my faith in cinema?
|
Listed on BlogShares