Thursday, May 25, 2006

books

okay i am reading a really bad book right now really really bad. every body probably knows say it with me A HEARTBREAKING WORK OF STAGGERING GENIUS. reading this book is like watching dave eggers suck his own dick and call it god. can someone please explain to me why this book is good. i am serious.

watch me as i psychoanalyze dave eggers. he is so conflicted over his self worth that he can't go two pages without emphasizing his superiority over everyone else in a totally self deprecatory manner. i can totally relate to this which made it even more condescending like YEAH DAVE EGGERS I GET IT YOU ARE TOTALLY BRILLIANT AND AMAZING YET TOTALLY DULL AND AVERAGE ALL AT ONCE I'M GLAD YOU ARE SO ENAMORED WITH THIS REVELATION TOO BAD I HAD IT WHEN I WAS FIFTEEN. like he is so amazing that the epiphany that he is actually not so amazing is totally amazing. i used to think i was better then everyone else and now i realize i am average HOW MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE I MUST BE TO HAVE REALIZED THIS. i just summed up a totally asinine pulitzer prize nominated memoir in one sentece how awesome am i.
|
Listed on BlogShares