Friday, December 10, 2004

ρxx' = [Nρxx’]/[1 + (N-1) ρxx’

Bruce thinks I'm too smart to believe what I wrote here.

Well Bruce, I'm glad you think I'm smart, but I still believe it.

It's not that I think that people can't distinguish themselves from one another.

But yes, I do think that we are no where near as distinct from one another as the American egoists in us want to be.

Have you ever heard of the Spearman Brown prophecy forumula? It's called that because it was developed independantly by Spearman and Brown in the same year (1910). Like, they didn't know each other, and they came up with the same formula at the same time. Wow.

I bet those guys worked on that formula for months if not years, and I bet each of them thought they were sooooo clever. But neither of them were any more clever than the other.

That's what I'm trying to say.

Does this make any sense to anyone besides me?


|
Listed on BlogShares