Monday, December 13, 2004

seven deadly sins

I've been thinking about the seven deadly sins, and I've decided they're stupid.

Lust. Everyone does this. It's necessary for propogation of the species. I guess you can avoid this sin by wearing an undershirt made of stinging nettles or hitting yourself with a spiky club every time you feel desire. Like I said, stupid.

Wrath. I'm not even sure what that is. Is it like when you get mad at someone and break all their toys? Or when you get mad at the Pharoah for enslaving your chosen people and storm throughout the land killing every first born son? Bad God.

Gluttony. Does this only count for food? Because if not, isn't it just the same thing as lust? I guess it isn't becaus while gluttons will be forced to eat rats, snakes, and toads in hell, lusters will be smothered in fire and brimstone.

Sloth and Greed. So I guess greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, and sloth is avoidance of work. Um, the way I see it if you're not desiring material wealth, you're probably slovenly. Luckily I don't think you can be both at once.

Pride. Excessive belief in one's own abilities that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. Hm. I thought I was supposed to take pride in my accomplishments. Did my elementary school teachers not know that their little self-esteem building workshops were going to result in my being broken on the wheel for all of eternity?Damn!

Envy. Envy is the desire for what others have, I guess. So I guess, if you don't have it, you shouldn't want it or try to get it. Except that makes no sense to me.

Actually none of these make any sense to me.

|
Listed on BlogShares