Wednesday, December 08, 2004

average me


I'm one of those girls that looks like pretty much everybody else. People always think they've seen me somewhere before. They ask me if I work at Banana Republic or if I have a sister.

Sometimes when I run into people I haven't seen for a few years I pretend I'm not who they think I am.

I just realized that not only is my face not uniquely my own, neither are my thoughts.

Paige also thinks boys are the new girls.

Ron also muses on middle school lads seducing their hott teachers.

Gawker also refers to ouroboros.

Sometimes I think I'm going crazy because I feel this urge to do really inappropriate things. I'll be in a meeting and I'll think "What if I started bleating like a goat right now, like that kid from 'The Infinite Jest' did in his interview with the dean?" Then I'll get scared that I'm actually going to do it.

Well, it turns out that even that is unextrodinary. My roommate has the same type of thing, and I guess so does Jerry Seinfield. Yeah, he was talking about it on David Lettermen. How every time he gets a knife in his hand he's thinks he might suddenly start stabbing people with it or something.

It's like when you're little and you put your hand in the fan, even though you didn't want to. I just kind of thought everybody else grew out of it.

You know in American Beauty when Mena Suvari says "There's nothing worse than being ordinary"?

As much as we don't want to be, we're all the same.
|
Listed on BlogShares