Wednesday, December 15, 2004

7 deadly sins version 2.0

I hate the 7 deadly sins.

First of all, they're stupid (see previous post).

Second of all, why are they called deadly ? As far as I can tell they won't necessarily kill you, althought they will cause you eternal torment in hell.

Third, maybe it's because I'm a capitalist, but I think that envy and pride are actually productive. And I'm not sure why gluttony and lust are on there, but then things like deceit and willfull ignorance are not.

I was going to design version 2.0 of the 7 deadly sins on my own, but then I found out that there is actually an update available, so here it is, created by Gandhi:

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice
I just want you guys to know that while I was typing that it blew my mind a little bit, and I thought that this was so excellent that I'd like to print it up on a banner and hang it in my room, or maybe tattoo it on my body, and I thought about going back and deleting the shout out to Gandhi because then everyone would think that I was the god damned smartest person in the world. But I think that might have demonstrated knowledge without character, so I decided against it.
I think I just found religion.


|
Listed on BlogShares