Wednesday, November 10, 2004

a very special episode

Remember the very special episode of The Facts of Life when Tootie ran away to New York and almost got pimped out? Neither do I, but The Corsair does, and his post today made me get a little misty eyed about the Very Special Episode.

Of course the founding father of very special episodes was the diff'rent strokes episode where Arnold almost got molested by the bicycle man. Yikes!

I don't know if it counted as a Very Special Episode, but I recently saw a re-run of diff'rent strokes where Kimberly found out the guy she was dating was a bigot. The episode ended with Kimberly wearing black face and an afro wig. I think he really learned his lesson. Too bad we can't say the same for Dana Plato.

Matthew Perry taught us not to drink and drive when he crashed his car and died on Growing Pains. Unfortunately, he failed to heed his own advice.

Even Punky Brewster was in on the action. She joined a gang (The Chicklets!) and almost smoked the wacky tobbaccy! Thank god she came to her senses and formed a counter gang inspired by Nancy Regan: The say-no-to-drugs gang! Yay Punky!!

Who doesn't remember "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...so... scared!" Jessie Spano addicted to speed! Not nearly as disturbing as Jessie Spano getting fucked in a pool in Showgirls though. If only Zach Morris could see her now!

Walker Texas Ranger. Almost every episode of this show is super special and hilarious. Especially when Walker has flashbacks to his childhood when he used to be Native American. But if I had to pick just one episode, it would have to be that one where Walker ends up adopting that kid from the sixth sense. Luckily the kid died of AIDS after like 2 episodes because he was really cramping Walker's style. You can just imagine how touching and special that episode was.

For some reason I can't remember any special full house episodes. I'm sure there must have been some. Although what could be more special than three lonely men raising Kirk Cameron's sister, the Olsen twins, and that other girl? Awww. I'm sure there must have been at least one very special episode. Probably it involved DJ bingeing and purging. That girl was kind of fat!

I'll leave you with a link to a website dedictaed to Kimmy Gibbler.
|
Listed on BlogShares