Wednesday, November 03, 2004

same different day

Four more years. The really remarkable thing is that Bush has even made it this far. I heard presidents elected in years ending in zero are supposed to get assassinated or something. I guess that pattern was broken in 1981 when John Hinkley Jr. Failed failed at his attempt to impress Jodie Foster by assassinating Ronald Reagan. Way to go John, you broke the chain and look what happened.

So Bush won the popular vote. How depressing. At least I can thank god that I live in a state where 88% of voters preferred Obama to Keyes. Although, I would like to know what the hell is wrong with that other 12%. Were they confused? Sympathy voters? What?

Here's something else I'm confused about. 42% of latino voters and 24% of jewish voters voted for Bush. Is there a reason why nearly twice as many latinos as jews voted for Bush? Maybe they were confused.

I saw black people on TV today who were given a hard time at the polls. Some of them waited in line for 6 hours to cast their votes. It's disturbing if the powers that be were attempting to supress the black vote. However it's amazing and wonderful that people will stand outside in the cold to cast their vote. It's especially incredible after the last election when we found out that our votes might not count for much.


|
Listed on BlogShares