Tuesday, November 02, 2004

boys are the new girls

I've been thinking about this for a while, and it's now been confirmed through some t-tests I've run at work: Girls are the new boys.

According to the data set I'm working with, girls find learning easier and more fun than do boys, and more girls than boys think that they can graduate high school and make their dreams come true. More girls than boys think about what they want to be when they grow up. But here's the real shocker: More boys than girls think that a lot can be accomplished working in a group.

Poor boys! What the fuck is happening to them? They're turning into girls! The next thing you know they will totally suck at math and science. I'm not even kidding.

Most of my friends are smarter/ more ambitious/ more competitive/ more dominant/ more logical/ more successful than their boyfriends. At first I thought this was because most of my friends were so awesome. But maybe it's not just my friends. Maybe it's also the 11 year olds in this study and the growing population of women who out earn their husbands.

What is going on?
|
Listed on BlogShares