Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Antonin Scalia

So after the election you're either ecstatic or horrified or suicidal or apathetic. Whatever. Most of the people I know are upset, but getting over it. Luckily for us, the republicans are helping us get over it by constantly reminding us that we are in the minority, and that because they are they comprise greater numbers, we are obviously not as right as we think we are.

They are so wrong on so many levels. I am not distressed that I'm in the minority. Like my mom says, I'm special. I'm a proud member of many minority groups. Like the minority that pursue graduate degrees. Or the minority that have IQs over 101. The minority that can name a Supreme Court Justice. If you are over in your 20s and you can't at least name Clarence Thomas, you are out of it.

Do you remember that movie Kangaroo Jack? The one that was the number one movie in America? And you're proud to call yourself similar to the majority of Americans? Yikes!
I understand that we live in a democracy, and majority rules (well, kind of and sometimes). But that doesn't mean they're always right!
|
Listed on BlogShares